Search This Blog

Monday, January 24, 2011

Getting started

Life together, yeah right. I barely have enough time for myself, my family, my job and everything else. I'm lucky if I make it to church once a month and now they want me to join a small group, attend a work day and then a guilt trip because I haven't gotten to know our new neighbors. Why do they expect so much of me?



Does this sound anything like you? I know each day brings its own challenges and yet we all are given the same amount of time to spend as we see fit. Much the same as a dog is drawn to smells, you are drawn to the things you find the most important. Really what we struggle with is priorities. Life's priorities! The squeaky wheel gets the oil and so do the things in your life. I think of the book of Acts and the beginning of the early church in that first century. Specifically in Chapter two of Acts. So much to do on top of the already demanding schedules of the Apostles. They were continually meeting together, devoting themselves to the teaching of the apostles, fellowship, breaking of bread and praying. I can't speak for you but that seems impossible as we lay in our bed at night and wonder how we will ever get everything done the next day. Well here is the advice from our Lord and Savior in His great sermon found in Matthew 6:34 It says:
"So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Proverbs 27:1 tells us not to boast about tomorrow for you do not know what a day may bring forth.



The point is God is the author of time. Give first to Him what He deserves and you will find not only your priorities changing but your time being blessed. But hey don't take my word for it, give it a try and let me know how God has blessed your time and your life. Until the next time I'm in it with ya.
Pastor Mark